After searching for months for the perfect charity to support, we decided on Staten Island Hope Animal Rescue, Leaping Bunny, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and The Humane Society of the United States. If you’ve been following our business, you know we have a sincere passion for rescuing animals. Our whole skincare and soap line was born because we were sickened by how many animals are abused and cruelly used for cosmetic testing.
Staten Island Hope Animal Rescue
This beautiful animal rescue group is run solely on volunteers. Staten Island Hope Animal Rescue specializes in the rescue and placement of abused, unwanted, and abandoned companion animals. By involving and educating the community, Staten Island Hope Animal Rescue hopes to raise the public’s awareness of the difficulty homeless animals face, as well as realizing the benefits of adopting an animal in need. They believe that all living creatures deserve to be treated with consideration and respect, and do so by not discriminating based on age, sex, or breed. Their rescue animals are treated like family, seeking foster and adoptive homes by only the most qualified applicants. Their animals are examined, vaccinated, spayed or neutered and receive any and all medical treatment before they are placed in carefully screened homes. *We support SI Hope Animal Rescue financially – with your purchases! Each purchase you make adds to our monthly donation to this rescue group.
Leaping Bunny is an international organization who vets and analyzes every applicant into their program before being certified. To become Leaping Bunny certified – which we are – not only must WE be cruelty-free, but all of our suppliers must ensure that each of the ingredients being sold to us are completely cruelty-free. Their rules are stringent so you can trust any company that is Leaping Bunny certified. As a special bonus, if you visit us on the Leaping Bunny website, we offer a special discount code for all Leaping Bunny shoppers! *We support Leaping Bunny by pledging a discount for all of their users.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
PETA is well-known for their support of a vegan lifestyle. We believe no animals, nor their by-products, are needed to create beautiful, natural cosmetics, which is why over 95% of our products are considered vegan, with the other 5% coming from RSPO sustainable palm oil (a plant resource). PETA offers the Beauty-Without-Bunnies program, a program for companies to apply and ensure their products are vegan and/or cruelty-free – we are members! *We support PETA by paying for using their logo and advocating cosmetic veganism.
The Humane Society of the United States
On September 2nd, you’ll find our business being supported by The Humane Society of the United States because we completely support The Humane Cosmetics Act. This act is legislation to remove all animal cosmetic testing in the United States within the next few years. We believe that you do NOT need animals to test cosmetics, ever, and we believe big companies should follow this same rule to protect the sanctity of all animals. You can support this act, too! *We support the Humane Society through legislation.
Use the hashtag #BECRUELTYFREE to show your support of cruelty-free cosmetics! Share the love, be an animal advocate.